Selected Keyboard Works - Vol.3
- Orgel; Klavecimbel
- Antonio De Cabezón
- Publisher name
- BÄRENREITER VERLAG
- Item type
The court organist Antonio de Cabezón, who was appointed to Queen Isabellas court chapel in Toledo at the young age of 16, was rightly regarded by his contemporaries as the leading Spanish organist and keyboard player of the 16 th century. His hymns and versets are based on short, decorated harmonisations of the psalm tones. In the tientos, the transformation from vocal motet style to a style of writing suitable for keyboard instruments is perfectly executed.
This Urtext edition contains a selection of Cabezons best known works and will consist of four volumes. It has been prepared by two editors working at Portuguese and Spanish universities who are both leading scholars of the works of Cabezón and reflects the latest research findings.
- First scholarly-critical edition of selected works by the leading Spanish organist
- Reflects the latest research findings
- Each volume with a foreword (Ger/Eng) with tips on editorial technique, critical commentary (Ger/Eng) and index of sources
- Romance "Para quién crié yo cabellos"
- Canto Ilano glosado de "La Alta"
- Pavana glosada
- Canción glosada "Prenez pitié" (Thomas Crecquillon)
- Canción glosada "Je prens en gré" (Jacobus Clemens non Papa?)
- Canción francesa glosada (Jacobus Clemens non Papa?)
- Canción glosada "Anchor che col partire" (Cipriano de Rore
- Canción glosada "Pour ung plaisir" (Thomas Crecquillon)
- Canción glosada "Ung gay bergier" (Thomas Crecquillon)
- Canción glosada "Doulce memoire" (Pierre Sandrin)
- "Hosanna" de la Missa de "L' Homme armé" (Josquin des Prez)
- "Benedictus" de la Missa de "L' Homme armé" (Josquin des Prez)
- Himno "Ave maris stella"
- Comunio "Beata viscera Mariae"
- "Cum Sancto Spiritu" de la Missa "De Beata Virgine" (Josquin des Prez)
- Motete glosado "Jerusalem luge" (Jean Richafort?)
- Motete glosado "Stabat Mater dolorosà" (Josquin des Prez)